Plutonite Lens Material – exclusive to Oakley, this specific lens material is extremely lightweight and made from the purest polycarbonate available. It provides maximum visual clarity, comfort and protects the eyes from impact and ultra violet radiation.
Iridium lens coating – this is made specifically for activity whereby visual clarity in its actual form is required. It effectively minimises glare, and adjusts according to the light in a variety of weather conditions. This high level of visual clarity is optimised by superheated metallic oxides, which is then fused to the lens. The wearer can select their own unique performance level option depending on their light transmission requirements.
Colour inherence – exclusive to Oakley, their colour Inherent Technology infuses colour permanently deep within the lens material which allows for rich colour hues that will not fade over time. Other mainstream technologies tend to only coat the surface of the lenses.
Optical precision – Oakley RX lenses are made specifically to your prescription which achieves a level of optical clarity and precision no other brand can offer. By mapping light rays in a 3D grid formation, this technology allows for precise coordination between your optical lobes and the surface of each lens.
Impact protection – this is designed to fully protects your eyes and vision. This offers maximum protection against high velocity and high mass impact. Exceeding all industry standards as set by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), this level of protection is the best you can get.
UV protection – the purpose of this is to block out ultraviolet radiation. The protection formula is embedded deep into the Oakley Plutonite lens material which consequently blocks out 100 % of UV, UB and UVC and high-energy wavelengths which can be harmful to the eyes. Even clear Oakley lenses incorporate UV protection.
Polarisation – this uses liquid fusion technology and is designed to minimise glare without distorting the vision or creating a haze. Oakley uses a specific injection moulding process which allows for the best optical clarity and high performance often missed by other industry methods.
If you are seeking the ultimate in visual clarity when investing in a pair of sunglasses Oakley has developed High Definition Optics (HDO), a lens technology which is comparable to no other brand and is designed according to the needs of
professional athletes who require maximum vision to enhance performance.
- Your vision is sharper and precise without any distortion
- You can see everything exactly where it is; images are not magnified as you often find with ordinary lenses that
- You achieve maximum eye impact protection and 100 % UV filtering
- HDO® lenses are made using the finest and highest quality
materials ensuring durability and ultimate function
Providing you with the best eyewear is our main objective and more importantly, our passion. Oakley is one of the leading sports brands in the industry and since it began in 1976, it has never failed to impress with its innovative and forward thinking lens technologies and exceptional high performance.
Oakley is consistently developing and producing dynamic sunglasses, which allows us to provide you with the best eyewear possible. Invest in a pair of Oakley sunglasses and you’ll never look back.
All Oakley polarised lenses incorporate the brand exclusive High Definition Optics (HDO) which achieve maximum visual clarity, protection and performance.
- Axis of polarisation – to maximise performance the
positioning of the polarisation filter is vital and thus Oakley polarised lenses go by the precise methods of the EN1836 standards
- Infusion Moulding – the lens material is bonded to the polarised filter at the molecular level to avoid haziness or distorted images
- Lens Colour – if you want to match your lenses to a specific outdoor environment this service is available and you can choose from a spectrum, of lens tints
- Polarised Emission – The level of polarised effectiveness exceeds any in the industry with a level of over 99%
- Impact Resistance – This offers maximum protection and exceeds all industry standards as set by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Hydrophobic – this allows for a maintained visual clarity and prevents the build up of water. It also repels oil and other contaminants
- Polarisation – this effectively reduces glare which is vital when in a bright environment; when light reflects off water, it can be ten times as bright. Our technologies allow us to design and create the best polarised lenses available